Saturday 25 August 2012

Mexican chili soup

Mexican Chili Soup

 
When I first meet my h2b his taste buds had but graced only the simplest of foods but then I opened him up to the world of Mexican food! I love Mexican food and if I could fly there today I would pack my bags in a heart beat. I introduced him first to burritos and he loved them! So much so he now calls Sunday "Mexican Sunday!" hehe. This new recipe is also another fav, in fact I just made it tonight! Ow and did I mention it's low fat!
My nightly cooking routine starts with this little beaut, a yummy glass of red wine mmmmmmmmm. But enough of that heres the recipe!
 
2 tomatoes
2 peppers
3 cloves of garlic
3 table spoons of tomato paste
1 teaspoon of chili powder
2 tablespoons of flour
1 onion
2 cups of chicken stock
Can of red kidney beans
Can of sweet corn
 
Place tomatoes 1 pepper and garlic in the oven (350d)  and cook till lightly blacked.

In a pot cook other pepper and onions till onions are slightly golden, now add your tomato paste and cook till fragrant. Add some flour to thicken.

Add chicken stock and bring to the boil. Blend blackened veg till soup like and add to stock base.

While soup is thickening cook chicken till yummy and brown, then take off heat and shred.

When soup has thickened add beans and corn and cook for 5 more minutes.

Your nearly there! Simply serve and sprinkle your chicken on the top and your done! For an extra treat me and my h2b love to add cheese and sour cream for the maximum experience!
                                                          














Thats one happy boy!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment