Tuesday 27 August 2013

Get up and go pancakes!

Morning all! Hope your having as good a morning ( afternoon/night..ahh the joy of time difference) as me! Not quite sure why I'm so chipper but I woke to a lovely morning and a lovely plate of food so how could I not feel good.

Onto my plate of yumminess, been craving pancakes so after a week of looking at countless recipes I just decided to make my own. Think it was around 11pm last night when I decided so a waked my blender out came up with a yummy recipe and put it in the fridge all ready for when I woke up. I really wanted blueberries so I knew that was a must ingredient I also wanted to incorporate yogurt as I thought it would give the same effect as butter milk. The result was wholesome and scrummy and even my partner in crime enjoyed them (pickiest eater on this planet)!  Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Recipe for my get up and go pancakes!

1/2 cup of almond milk (Or any milk you prefer)
1/2 cup of soy yogurt
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. agave ( low GI!)
1 tsp. baking soda ( or twice as much baking powder)
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 tsp. vanilla
hand full of blueberries

Easiest recipe ever just place everything in a blender and blend on high till the batter is a smooth consistency (or mix everything by hand if you don't own a blender, the blender merely makes the process quicker!). Now if your like me making this the night before is your best option as there's no fussing in the morning just turn on your pan and go, but don't worry you can always make it on the day the result might just vary slightly. Now when you place the batter into the pan this is when you sprinkle a few blueberries in, then flip, cook and enjoy! ( I had some agave and lemon on top of mine)

 Like my mum always use to say when you start to see bubbles its ready to flip!

 The real question is what to do with the rest of my day off??....

No comments:

Post a Comment