Sunday 25 August 2013

Skinny Oatmeal fudge squares

This recipe always reminds me of a market stall by Waterloo station which sells American goodies and on one naughty cheat day I bought me and Dan a fudge oatmeal bar that was totally out of this world amazing! Pretty sure I've even done a post on the stall, their called the Outsider Tart. It was so fudgy and moreish that I just knew it was in no way good for me!

Calorific horror!


So I've endeavoured to find a recipe which I can enjoy and know that my 40 minutes spin class wont be ruined! The original recipe usually calls for a heap of eggs, butter and sugar, but with this recipe I've managed to cut all that out and make a small amount of chocolate go a long way.

Skinny Oatmeal Fudge squares

 1/2 cup  whole wheat flour
1/2 cup  quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup  dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
 pinch of salt
4 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
pinch of salt
50g of 70% dark chocolate
2 cups marshmallows ( this is what makes the fudge fudgy!)
1/4 cup skim milk

Serves 10

Preheat oven to 160c. In a bowl stir together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and melted butter. Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture and place aside as the topping. Press the remaining mixture into a lined tin and bake for 20 minutes or until the base is golden and cooked.

Next combined the second lot of flour and salt and set aside.Then in a microwave safe bowl mix together chocolate, marshmallows and milk and in shots of 30 seconds cook and stir till everything is melted and smooth. When the base is cooked and cooled spoon in the yummy fudgy mixture and evenly spread, then sprinkle the remaining base mixture on the top. Next pop in the oven for 18-20 minutes and once cooked remove and let cool completely before cutting.

Calories- 160 per slice!



What a better way to end the weekend off then a slice of heavenly fudgy goodness! I'm ready to face a new week bring on Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment