Friday 19 April 2013

How to get motivated for a workout!

So I'm usually pretty good at getting up and working out but like any normal human being my motivation does slack from time to time. There are heaps of scenarios that can lead to this but here's one I had last night.

I'm not a huge drinker but last night I gave into one of my friends and agreed to go out clubbing. In my own little world I like to think that all the dancing I did cancelled out the amount of alcohol I drank, a girl can dream right? After an awesome night out I arrived home at around 3 and crashed unaware of what would face me the morning after. Luckily for me I know my limits so no ugly hangover greeted me when I woke, I did however have the annoying problem of  not wanting to step a foot out of bed!

Now here's where the helpful tips I use come in handy!

  • Roll with the motions- For me this involved preparing a healthy breaky. No thoughts of the workout merely getting your head in the right mind set.
  • Dress to impress!- When you wake up have your gym gear ready and waiting, having it stare and judge you from the corner is more then enough to more your butt.
  • Gogggggle- The Internet is full of motivation, click onto Health section of Pinterest, surf for 10 minutes and I promise you you'll find that little kick to get you moving.
  • Just think 'The end result far out weighs the pain'' keep going your future self will thank you!
And I'm proud to say I did do my workout and for the rest of the day I felt great! Sore but great!

Before

After 
Don't worry though I was all smiles after my workout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment